After having a look into early rock-and-roll two weeks ago and presenting a Rhythm and Blues tune last week, I would like to feature another Rhythm and Blues song from the 1950s. This tune was written by Willie Dixon and first recorded by Jimmy Witherspoon and his Orchestra. It’s quite popular among Blues and Lindy [...]
Last week, we took a look at early rock-and-roll. Today, we make a step into the 1950s and I’m presenting you a funny Rhythm and Blues tune by saxophonist Jimmy Coe. Coe was leading his own group in local venues and jamming at after-hours joints. The group Jimmy Coe & His Gay Cats of Rhythm [...]
At the annual developer conference Google I/O in San Francisco, Google announced its new music subscription service Google Play Music All Access. All Access is an extension of the already existing cloud music service Google Music. It allows users to upload 20,000 (purchased) songs in the cloud and listen to them across Android devices and on the [...]
It’s been a while since I posted a song by Erskine Hawkins. Let’s bring him back this week. A song I really like is “Rockin’ Rollers’ Jubilee”. Rock and Roll is commonly named the music genre in the 1950s and then later more or less rock music in general. But the words “rocking” and “rolling” [...]
With their live performances, The Mint Julep Jazz Band has already left quite an impression in the Swing dance scene. After the successful Kickstarter campaign to fund their first album we just had to wait until it will be released. The waiting came to an end and the result is a wonderful! Durham On Saturday Night [...]
I’m currently at the (Balboa) Experiment. On one night, we will have a band battle. That means several DJs will battle each other with an half-hour set of the same artist. While preparing my Harry James set, I found this great live version I would like to share with you today. From the Circus to [...]
Today’s alphabet was submitted by Dominique, an amateur DJ for a local rock and swing association in France. His comment: “My playlist try to avoid all the terrific titles that have already been given by passionate DJs and select only one song per artist.” If you’re also thinking about submitting an alphabet, then check out [...]
It seems that there is a day for almost anything nowadays. Even for record stores! Tomorrow Saturday, April 20, 2013 is Record Store Day. Many independant record stores around the globe are participating and offering special events and special deals. What’s It All About? Record Store Day was conceived in 2007 at a gathering of [...]
Some of you may know that I’m playing jazz guitar – not that much right now as I would like to, though – and therefore I have a special love for jazz guitar music. So, no surprise that I’m a huge fan of Django Reinhardt. He is probably the most influential European Jazz musician ever. [...]
iPads and tablets in general are vey popular and we can assume that there is no end of the trend in sight right now. It’s no surprise that also in the DJ world new software and hardware has been and will be built that work also with those devices, especially the iPad. Numark introduced another [...]
- 7 Places To Buy & Download Swing Music August 31, 2012
- How To Organize Your Music In iTunes October 4, 2012
- International DJ Experts Unveil Their Secrets How To Be A Successful Swing DJ September 4, 2012
- Welcome To The Official Launch Of Swing DJ Resources September 3, 2012
- Vestax Spin2 DJ controller for djay on Mac and iOS October 17, 2012
- DJ Chrisbe’s Song of the Week #168: When The Lights Go Out May 24, 2013
- DJ Chrisbe’s Song of the Week #167: After Hour Joint May 17, 2013
- Launch Of Google Play Music “All Access” Streaming Subscription Service May 15, 2013
- DJ Chrisbe’s Song of the Week #166: Rockin’ Rollers’ Jubilee May 11, 2013
- DJ Chrisbe’s Song of the Week #165: Get It Southern Style May 2, 2013
- DJ shetango: Christian, I have the same type of system set up i...
- Justswing Bcn: Great......
- Paul Claydon: vox poppin, what a tune!...
- Christian: You're right Stephan. Heidi already corrected the...
- DJ Wuthe: One track should be: "Down Home Jump" by Lionel ...
Connect with Us