Spotify offers a catalogue of more than 20 million tracks.
With such an huge amount of music it occasionally could be overwhelming to find the songs you are really interested in.
Personalized Recommendations Based On Your Favorite Music
In December 2012, Spotify announced the Discover feature, now it’s available to all.
With curated content from music experts including Pitchwork, Songkick, Tunigo and more, the Discover feature includes:
- New personalized recommendations every day based on the music you love
- New releases from the artists you follow
- All the music and playlists shared by friends and trendsetters you follow
- Find out when an artist you love is touring near you – the information will just bubble up through recommended shows from Songkick
- Related Music: play a song and get instant recommendations on what to play next
The following feature already was available, new is now the recommendation engine.
“With the Discover page, we’re making good on our promise of helping you choose what to listen to when faced with millions of songs,” says Gustav Söderström, Chief Product Officer, at Spotify. “We’ve made your listening experience more personal, more social and more current.”
Handy Audio Preview Feature
While playing your music, you can click and hold over any play button on the Discover page to shortly pre-listen that specific song.
You then can save it for later or play it immediately if you like your discovery.
Currently Only Available On The Web Player
Check out Discover on the Spotify web player: www.spotify.com.
Spotify will gradually roll out the Discover feature to their desktop and mobile apps.
Have you already tried the feature? What do you think about it? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!